Monday, March 24, 2014


Today’s Thought “Truth Applied” G. Ward

 

“But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13

 

Prior to spiritual awakening, existent in me was an inability to be taught by everyone. I was opposed to learning from those who lacked an ability to immediately articulate information. If it sounded super authoritative for me, it was worth investigating. On the other hand, if the person maintained hesitation (via promulgation), it appeared unworthy to ingest. Upon my surrender to Christ, I realized His encountering mankind (through His earthly experience), never compelled Him to consider receiving them unto Himself with any special regard. His compassion always and yet seeks to present Himself as Sufficient (i.e. implicit trust); whereby man is without necessitation in climbing a mountain unconquerable.

Before examining the words from Holy God, I had a most excellent instructor; my own Mother. Her admonishing demanded, that what seemingly exists lacks authenticity when works reveal lethargy. Now she didn’t say it exactly like that but…

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment