Tuesday, March 18, 2014


Today’s Thought “The Mediocrity of Misunderstanding” G. Ward

 

“Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.” 3 John 2:1

 

I’m walking down an avenue, to then discover a good friend I served in ministry with. Our hearts are glad with remembrance of the continuity in believer-ship that sought making Christ preeminent to everything. This refreshing was mutual, causing our individual reminiscence of so many blockades in what should have been far easier to dispel; Truth (Jn.14:6). This elation I felt very particularly, desired my friend’s well being so the gospel he disseminated would carry forth (in view of so many who say they know HIM, but never bring salvation to anyone. Cf. 1 Jn.5:3). I then opened my mouth. My words: Hey my dear friend! It’s so very good to see you! I pray that all is well with you and your family? My excitement in seeing you will compel me to pray for your health so that many would come to know the Lord.

This fiction is analogous of John’s great salutation to his friend Gaius (see passage above). We now have terrible theologians promoting improper doctrine by suggesting as a result of a mere greeting, Holy God doesn’t want you sick. Tell that to Mary and Martha’s brother Lazarus in John 11:1-4, “Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. It was the Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. So the sisters sent word to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.” But when Jesus heard this, He said, “This sickness is not to end in death, BUT FOR THE GLORY OF GOD SO THAT THE SON OF MAN MAY BE GLORIFIED BY IT.”  Watch out my prosperity villains! You mean Holy God causes some to be sick so HE can be glorified? That what it says…

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment