Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Today’s Thought “Still Amazed” G. Ward

 

The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done. “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” Genesis 8:21-22

 

Almost 34 years ago upon coming to this land, I didn’t contemplate what culture and climate would present. It was early summer, so it was hot both in Michigan and Georgia; therefore no preparation was necessary. The days quickly introduced autumn, then winter. “Houston, we have a problem!” In Michigan, spring and summer attire was placed at the back of the closet. In Georgia, you made it readily available.

For years I would call my countrymen to share the warm temperatures we were experiencing here. The envy from the party sought via telephone was obvious. My braggadocious attitude never sought continuity with anyone in those days. I knew it brought to surface great discontentment with climatic conditions in Michigan (can you say rubbing salt in their wounds?).

I’m sorry, I neglected to expound on culture. I loved the south! Everyone had great salutations and sought giving directions fearlessly (although they knew no street names). What seemingly was a personal unique boast unto my friends and relatives, had to be the boast from many (who relocated) above the Mason-Dixon Line.

Because of our great stupidity as braggarts, most current residents of metropolitan Atlanta are now from another region. Culture is altogether varied and some brought snow and ice…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment