Wednesday, March 12, 2014


Today’s Thought “How Am I Regarded?” G. Ward

 

“But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.” Ephesians 5:3-4

 

Have you ever sought conveying words to then open your mouth and make absolutely no sense at all? My own mishap in verbalizing anything will often stumble when I over compensate for another’s verbosity. I don’t know why I feel a need to help defend absolute rhetoric; particularly when my thoughts of ordinary would remain silent.

I’ve learned over the years how best to absorb without being unnecessarily analytical. Sure, although I examine everything critically (1 Th.5:21), my findings are mostly without a challenge. I’ve discovered that people do the best they can, with what they have and often times, their expressions can/will reveal their emptiness.

I’ve determined today to never invite my foot’s entry into my mouth. The over compensator I’ve become desires everyone be received (cf. Jas.2:1-6), but it can’t be at the expense of my appearing foolishly loquacious…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment