Friday, March 28, 2014


Today’s Thought “Fashionista” G. Ward

 

 “To obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you…” 1 Peter 1:4

 

Ladies, are you telling me that you spend hundreds on designer purses vs. facsimiles? Oh yes, I’m going there! Perhaps these are defense mechanisms from some, that echo a sentiment as follows: 1. “It’s not as if I’m requiring someone to purchase these for me, I work!” 2. “This is my only extravagance, outside of these costly purchases, I’m a bargain shopper” (sounds like my wife). 3. “No one is going to tell me how to spend my money!” 4. “I don’t ask for much.” 5. “In my circles, everyone sports designer bags, why should I look indifferent?” 6. “As long as I take care of my home and children sufficiently, what then is the problem?” 7. (The number of completion.) “Greg, stay far away from this! Just give us spiritual awareness!”

No matter how persuasive my discourse may be, I most certainly am aware that if the Holy Spirit’s constant nudging at our decisions (cf. Jn.16:8-10) goes violated, that my sphere of influence remains minuscule. I’m wondering how impetuous any of our castigations are concerning children obtaining $200 sneakers? Yeah but they don’t work (that’s number 8…)!

Happy Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment