Thursday, March 27, 2014


Today’s Thought “Just An Auditorium” G. Ward

 

“All that generation also were gathered to their fathers; and there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord, nor yet the work which He had done for Israel.” Judges 2:10

 

Upon surrendering my life unto Christ; my zeal for knowledge of the wonderful Savior (Jesus) had me in attendance at practically every church meeting existent. Our worship center was small and most every meeting took place within that space. I recall meeting with a particular group and as usual my bible, notepad with portfolio would accompany me. My excitement was always heightened when I would hear the prayers of those seasoned veterans of faith. The prayers rendered by some in our Black culture can be very spirited. After our prayer, I recall one of the deacons reprimanding me (openly) for my placing my bible and notepad on the table utilized for holding the elements for practicing the Lord’s Supper. It wasn’t peaceable, but more lent itself to a condescending tone. Did you forget? I shared with you my being new in the faith. Prior to my surrender, reprimand and I had little to no connectivity. By the time I finished my discourse, up to sharing (with utter pomposity), “Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work” (1 Cor.3:12-13). I didn’t quote it exactly, but trust me, everyone got it.

I’m more spiritually mature now; so I would never yell again at a 92 year old man (LOL!). Moreover, we’re now in a time whereby respectability for the sacred things that are lost for a generation not familiar with Honor (Lord, forgive me)…

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment