Tuesday, May 10, 2016


Today’s Thought “Real Quiet Time” G. Ward

“Now it came about, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli was watching her mouth. As for Hannah, she was speaking in her heart, only her lips were moving, but her voice was not heard. So Eli thought she was drunk.” 1 Samuel 1:12-13

When everyone decides to leave and your gadgetry (electrical and technological) is at power off mode, try having a talk with Holy God. Our expression in prayer can mostly violate a premise of HIS sufficiency over the words from our mouths (cf. Eccl.5:1-2), so try listening more. I’ve shared this practice many times before to hear, “I’ve tried this and my thoughts go wayward.” My reply questions whether prayer was meant as a dialogue or the traditional monologue whereby I monopolize this presumed conversation, disallowing All Wisdom’s directives. If our Lord identifies Himself as a friend to believers (Jn.15:15) and we perpetuate a notion of “just let me talk,” how long should we expect His presence?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment