Friday, May 13, 2016


Today’s Thought “Patriarchal Succession” G. Ward

“Now Abraham was old, advanced in age; and the Lord had blessed Abraham in every way. Abraham said to his servant, the oldest of his household, who had charge of all that he owned, “Please place your hand under my thigh, and I will make you swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you shall not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I live.” Genesis 24:1-3

As a boy I understood what family meant; cousins as best friends along with Aunts and Uncles who extended encouragement at every occasion. Moreover, I had grandparents who never shared a harsh word, but remained exemplary unto death. My life has been so entirely rich; therefore I’m without excuse in allowing family continuity to diminish. I’ve missed varied family gatherings in the 35 years away from home, seemingly never convenient for my arduous schedule.

Now age has entered the room and my spiritual obligation desires family two ways, biological and in the Spirit realm. I seek to help those without historicity in great family gatherings to know of the spirit of adoption personified via the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, and no matter the distance from home, kinfolk are everywhere…

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment