Wednesday, May 11, 2016


Today’s Thought “My Favorite Teacher” G. Ward

“And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” Mark 11:25

We’ve grown into a culture of outsourcing the virtues that should be common to man. Kudos to all those who exemplify great virtue worth passing on, but the first one responsible for this is the parent (Deut.6:4-7, Pr.22:6). To be part of an era where my parents invested heavily in every particular of life deserves my highest praise; and particularly in view of the mom or dad currently who allows Nancy or Johnny to determine their own plight (daily). I can’t imagine going to a department store (as a child) and actually voicing my displeasure over an outfit chosen by my parent, or a trip to the barber demanding a cut I desired over what my parents mandated.

As I contemplate the virtue of both pardoning (grace) and mercy (forgiveness), I’m grateful that my best teacher(s) was my Dad and continues to be my Mother. These were the first Bible I read…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment