Thursday, May 5, 2016


Today’s Thought “If Truth Be Told…” G. Ward

“I am the Lord, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to graven images.” Isaiah 42:8

There’s a new television channel I enjoy that features a series of detective shows from more than 30 years ago. It furthers a greater notion produced by early television where crime committed experienced imminent prosecution (particularly within that televised hour). The infamous interrogation room with most of these shows brought forth such intimidation, the perpetrator would inevitably share the exactness of the crime; via transparency through admittance that demanded reprieve from this exasperating process.

Intimacy with Holy God is similar. The room is our soul and the interrogator is the Spirit (Ro.8:26-27). We too must admit (in utter transparency unto the Master, with reverence) our specific sins, abhorring return unto them (Heb. 10:22-23). Without the interrogation room experience the perpetuation of a life in crime is with an end not worth visiting (cf. Ro.6:23).

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment