Wednesday, May 25, 2016


Today’s Thought “Closed for Summer” G. Ward

 She said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” And he awoke from his sleep and said, “I will go out as at other times and shake myself free.” But he did not know that the Lord had departed from him.” Judges 16:20

We’re quickly approaching Memorial Day, the entry point for summertime. The heat brings on a methodical lethargy in the lives of many men. Moreover, calendaring events along with vacation is the norm. Great plans of joy and relaxation is up to bat and the strike out ratio is as it’s always been – very high.

You can’t memorialize Holy God at any season; He’s the greatest Force alive. Corporate worship is mandated for the believer and not when he feels up to it, or at his convenience (cf. Ac.2:41-47, Heb. 10:21-25). Anxious anticipation is the suit of choice for the redeemed, he’s only comfortable there. Furthermore, his mind quakes at a notion of abandonment of the Source granting him the next breath; not because he desires to soak up earth’s greater positioning, but a greater sentiment of Father, I stretch my hands to Thee, No other help I know; If Thou withdraw Thyself from me, Ah! whither shall I go?”

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment