Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Today’s Thought “Problem Child” G. Ward Proverbs 24 17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart rejoice when he stumbles, 18 Otherwise, the LORD will see and be displeased, and turn His anger away from him. The love of Christ compels me to love the unkind, unjust people in our society and my obeisance unto HIM should never be prompted by spiritual legislation first, but absolute recall in who I was before His changing me and comply immediately (cf. Phil.1:6). Perhaps I wasn’t the vilest among earth’s citizenry, but through careful, ongoing observation of God’s Word, I’ve unfolded HIS determination(s) is not categorizing sin as man does (Ro.3:10), but sending a Perfect Reconciler for our stead, revealed HIS unwavering love towards a rebellious people (*mine own descriptor before surrendering to His gentle rule). While hatred is presumably regarded as without permission for our emotional well-being, it’s elaborated upon because it exists as merely harboring ill feelings of something or someone. Moreover, hatred is with category (e.g., I hate okra, but can tolerate it in certain dishes.); but should assess why any could/would impose an unsanctioned victimization of any (cf. Eph.6:12) that desires their destruction when all deserve similar punishment (*Ro.1:28-32), but JESUS(!)…

No comments:

Post a Comment