Monday, July 31, 2023

Today’s Thought “Appearances Won’t Reveal the Heart” G. Ward Isaiah 57 15 For this is what the high and exalted One Who lives forever, whose name is Holy, says: “I dwell in a high and holy place and also with the contrite and lowly of spirit in order to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. Rarely is my preoccupation with a posture that concerns itself with battles of sorts so numerous and challenging that rest is marginalized and whereas these past two days embodied this status, it revealed an anxiety, along with arrogance unto potential planning that felt “I could” work through these difficulties (cf. John 15:5). Instead, and upon my restoration from On High, contemplations of past imperfects that even brought offense to others entered the greatest portion of my hard cranium that experienced the Almighty’s requirement for any step taken. Moreover, I had to realize I’m owned by the Only, All-Wise, Gentle Savior; I have everything I need (*Ps.23). Tears of joy and freedom now flow, thanking HIM for unfolding HIS mystery (the Truth of the gospel – Col.2:2-3) onto an unworthy vessel like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment