Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Today’s Thought “From Turmoil to Tranquility” G. Ward PSALM 13:1–6, “How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death, lest my enemy say, ‘I have prevailed over him,’ lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken. But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.” Every predecessor of man has faced great trials, including sufferings up to departure from the earth. Many were overlooked and devalued. Some struggled all their life to rarely experience abundance, while watching others so seemingly prosperous. While it’s said that children should bury their parents, many buried their children. Our times now are with unfounded declarations of thwarting any of these actualities. Unfortunately, many of my generation have allowed these great misappropriations’ penetration that prays most anything perceived negative away; to forget it’s Holy God’s allowance: My child is cured, but another visits the mortuary. You catch a cold; I die of a debilitating carcinoma. Does Heaven know of our sufferings, or is man horribly ill-informed and won’t investigate on HIS terms? Was it Christ who warned us of a proposed threat similarly (cf. John 10:7-9, 15:18-21)? The populous wants to impose a daily dancing in a field of flowers mentality; the worse fear mongering and whereas the psalmist began so grievous, he concluded with trust of his Maker’s Way…

No comments:

Post a Comment