Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Today’s Thought “Where Shall I Go?” G. Ward Psalm 119:8 “I shall keep Your statutes; Do not forsake me utterly!” If I were to best convey to another what the presence of the Lord allows my life to experience I would say, “It’s a return unto a newborn state, whereas Holy God comforts me and feeds me until I absolutely want no more, allowing great rest as HE watches over me. Why at any moment (in view of such care) would I opt out of such matchless grace? My lack in pursuit of His statutes is most certainly the culprit (cf. Ps.1:1-2). My spiritual contemplations however, rejoices in the perfect reconciliation afforded me by Holy God’s reprieve of my foolish ways; particularly when mine own insistence first is sorrowful over my straying from His presence and secondly desires a return (via a reverent plea) as a child of the Most High (*Ac.3:19).

No comments:

Post a Comment