Monday, August 31, 2020

Today’s Thought “Mr. Ed, A Talking Horse” G. Ward Acts 10:42 “And He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that He is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.” As a kid I enjoyed watching the television series Mr. Ed (1961-1966). Mr. Ed (the talking horse) would only talk to his owner (Wilbur). On many occasions Wilbur was caught in what appeared to be talking to himself causing great disturbance in other’s perception of him. Mr. Ed never thought to vindicate Wilbur from appearing absolutely loco to others, but would often challenge his owner (void of an audience) with great perspective concerning life’s complexities. The believer is mostly without a barn occupied with a talking horse, but is with the Perfect Lamb of God who holds every answer and perfect submission thereunto will ensure His presence that vindicates without waver (cf. Jn.1:29). Moreover and finally, the Savior who accepted my repentance desires to do the same for those feeling less than, so He’s called me to this holy ambassadorship that I can proclaim mine own unworthiness apart from His glorious righteousness that was imputed unto me. Each day, along with my thanking Him for His graciousness towards me, I ask Him to make His appointment(s) vivid, so this joy I have may be the presentation for those needing hope (cf. Isa.6:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment