Tuesday, June 21, 2016


Today’s Thought “Last Dance” G. Ward

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak.” Colossians 4:2-4

The term “Wall Flower” has become a thing of the past. It was relevant to what presumably young men experienced at a dance of sorts, having their eyes set on a lovely girl, while entirely ambivalent in asking her to dance; which would reveal an interest to explore boyfriend-girlfriend opportunity. It was always the last song that was the slower tempo, embracing a love theme. It was as if those feet were encased in heavy stone, disabling asking this conjured love to dance and because it never happened, the young man’s journey home was the longest mile in regret ever.

Is my cooperation to the mandates proposed for my spiritual existence demanding my graciousness unto every man more considerate of the waywardness of man, or is God’s Word enough? If/when I pronounce him as hopeless, what I’m really saying is that God cannot; moreover, that my sin wasn’t as difficult to forgive.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment