Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Today’s Thought "Just Deserts" G. Ward



"I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my enemies rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me. O Lord, You have brought up my soul from Sheol; You have kept me alive, that I would not go down to the pit." Psalm 30:1-3
As a believer my life is without the kind of review that unfolds greater compassion towards others; particularly in view of eroding values practiced by so many, seeking to make sin acceptable. Perhaps you struggle in the same, so I’ll share one of my favorite hymns written by Elisha A. Hoffman in 1893 – I Must Tell Jesus. I pray it comforts you and becomes the review necessary in seeing other’s need for redemption (Just the first verse).
I must tell Jesus all of my trials,
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me,
He ever loves and cares for His own.




    • Refrain:
      I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
      I cannot bear my burdens alone;
      I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
      Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

    • Happy Tuesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment