Monday, June 6, 2016


Today’s Thought “Pinnacling in Pleasure” G. Ward

“Thus I considered all my activities which my hands had done and the labor which I had exerted, and behold all was vanity and striving after wind and there was no profit under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 2:11

I’m a real music enthusiast, familiar with many genre and contemplating one of my favorite songs, “Alfie”. This song was written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David to promote the 1966 film Alfie (A man suffering in promiscuity.). The portrayal lyrically is more or less synonymous with King Solomon’s dilemma in Ecclesiastes. Solomon expresses a term over and over again – vanity. It however carries a connotation of emptiness or futility vs. conceit.

The beaches of Tahiti appear a most excellent escape from weariness; but the actuality in proposed retreat can/will pollute what is/was considered the most pure collection of water. Geography and the change therein won’t diminish what plagues my empty pursuits, but filling the cavity of my selfish desires with my Substantive Lord is enough…

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment