Tuesday, February 3, 2015


Today’s Thought “Lord, I Tried…” G. Ward

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

“I need a new attitude.” “I’m going to begin a total health regimen.” “Those relationships not beneficial for me – gone…” The practicality in change is perhaps the most wavering aspect of our lives. I want to offer on today hearty congratulations unto each of you who have endeavored an ongoing need to change. I’m certainly not extending kudos for our attitudes ever evolving – that can be entirely cumbersome. Those insatiable drives more yield to an ideology of “I can fix it.” My admiration stems from the essence of obliterating great problems or addictions, realizing first that there is a problem. Most know more about the pervasiveness in societal expediency that rarely slows down enough to know of a problem.

It’s been given us definitively to understand the meaning of insanity as doing things in a like manner expecting different results. Absolute surrender unto our Sufficient King guarantees PEACE enough to stop trying in my own might. “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want” (Phil.4:12).

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment