Wednesday, February 4, 2015


Today’s Thought “Life, A Bout In Difficulty” G. Ward

“Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.” 2 Corinthians 12:7-8

Why so much trouble? Seemingly, I’ve just conquered something major to now have another crisis enter. Is this supposed to happen to believers? I ascribe to so many devotional thoughts that share otherwise. They couldn’t be wrong; tens of thousands support them. I have to remain quiet with my troubles because it may reveal my lack of faith. I’ll not stop worshipping because the many I encounter weekly seem as though they’ve gravitated to understanding the denial in these incessant sufferings.

Old Testament’s Job said something more substantive to realize concerning life; "Man is born unto trouble as the sparks fly upward” (Job 5:7). Job’s following expression more reveals the herbicidal antidote for the thistles and THORNS in his garden - "But as for me, I would seek God, And I would place my cause before God” (Job 5:8). Job was more sharing how life’s trouble, although inescapable, seeks to establish reprieve from the Proven Deliverer. The Apostle Paul in our lesson text echoed the same sentiment (But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Cor.12:9).

My best retort unto the irreligious zealots, who in all their eloquent discourses make me feel unfaithful for many troubles experienced, is a perfect counteraction in individual pursuit of the Holy One first! He’ll surely be my Comfort (cf. Ps.46:1)!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment