Thursday, February 12, 2015


Today’s Thought “Embellishment; Kin to Deception” G. Ward

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18

If I coulda woulda shoulda, that's what folks always say

If I coulda woulda shoulda, and its always to late

I'm sayin it now

I'm sayin it now

Strangely, this is the chorus to one of the many songs of acclaim entitled, If I Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda sung by the Soulful, Velvet-Voiced, Late Lou Rawls. It substantiates that life is filled with regrets. Our societal signature compels us to respond to varied circumstances hurriedly. Rarely, do most contemplate the holistic reverberating effect in this decisiveness.

Brian Williams, NBC’s chief anchor and managing editor, knows something of these impetuous behaviors, just recently tagged the professor of idiocy that could tarnish his legacy as a masterful journalist. Moreover, the president of the network authoritatively demanded a six month suspension in response to his opting for more sensationalistic journalism than accurate reporting. The media, seemingly with camaraderie network to network, perpetuated even greater injustice by sharing his ten million dollar annual salary (knowing of American’s fixation in materialism). How utterly contradictory!

My castigation with this kind of victimization is lessened as I contemplate the many errors of my life and the costs therein (cf. Mt.7:1-5).  It teaches me that “Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him” (Pr.17:28, 29:20).

Happy Thursday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment