Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Today’s Thought “The Best Sweet Potato Pie Ever!” G. Ward Romans 12 9 Love must be free of hypocrisy. Detest what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor, 11 not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer. I’ve learned the essence of family first from my spiritual adoption from Christ and secondly, His family, the church. The greatest joy has always been anticipating fellowship with believers and while some were guarded, yet cordial, there were some (generally older) who embodied old values, with spiritual insight, that attended to knuckleheads like me, penetrating my desire to remain somewhat aloof. Their hospitality included/circumvented offering their best dish, even insisting I’d consume it in their presence (these were the days when “Love” was the recipe). My sweetest, dearest friend (Mary McDaniel) was one of my quiet heroes and whereas so many can testify in the same, she had an innate ability to make you her favorite while in her presence. It’s been almost one year ago that her eldest daughter died in the Lord and my desire was to get to her home and share sympathetic love with her, but things got in the way. On this morning I heard that she transitioned from struggle to an anticipated, euphoric eternity. I won’t be too busy to be with our family in honoring her exemplary life and wondering did she leave the sweet potato pie recipe with her daughters remaining? Sad, but overjoyed with HIS provision (John 14:1-3) …

No comments:

Post a Comment