Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Today’s Thought “Turn up the Light!” G. Ward Matthew 16 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. Churches are closing at an alarming rate and while you think it’s primarily attributable to the recent pandemic, you’ll need to know the decline witnessed In 2020, pervaded that 47% of Americans said they belonged to a church, synagogue or mosque, down from 50% in 2018 and 70% in 1999. I’m never satisfied to hear the term church, relative to worship centers; because it belongs to people surrendered to Christ and SOLELY based on their confession of Him as Sufficient to forgive and to guide. Therefore, we’re not (nor have ever been) in decline, the world is (*Matt.7:21-23) and while others rejoice in the numbers game, we remain responsible unto the message (re-produced), where few get it (Matt.7:13-14)… I shall not be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment