Friday, September 10, 2021

Today’s Thought “Who Can Compare…” G. Ward Isaiah 40:13-14 Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord, or as his counselor has instructed him? Whom did he consult for his enlightenment, and who taught him the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding? My position as a pastor demands counsel unto many to which I’ve never denied one. Many years ago and because personal experience with so much seemingly granted my authoritativeness in a varied subject matter (i.e. my arrogance), I had answers. Perceivably prudent to follow are the many whims of man; but how can he know when foresight is with Heaven’s limitation (e.g. Who will be impacted by today’s action found in me? Will my decision please who I say is my Lord, or will it make for momentary happiness – unfulfilling to my future if there be one?). Holy God alone is All-Wise. He alone is Creator of Heaven and earth (including every man). He alone has purposed you to be in His earth. Counsel in every regard therefore, must begin and end unto HIM who loves you most and desires what’s best. Refusal thereunto makes me sadistically unreasonable; but thanks be to our Lord for changing hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment