Thursday, February 16, 2017


Today’s Thought “My Life, My Money…” G. Ward

“Haran died in the presence of his father Terah in the land of his birth, in Ur of the Chaldeans.” Genesis 11:28

There’s this autumn in chronologics that has some like me reading varied newspapers and periodicals online with particular interest in our local news, especially the obituaries. Some would regard this as morbid, but there’s demand for this inevitability (particularly when you may have attended school with John Wilkes Booth – assassin to Abraham Lincoln). More than often I’ve discovered an acquaintances’ death via this exploration. While it’s become taboo to even mention this surety (i.e. death), such was not the case for our predecessors. Instead, there was great preparation for dying that included life’s review that considers one’s own eternality. We would do well in reestablishing conversations that questions whether there will be rest or great torment (cf. Mt.7:21). Is my name soon to be in print without me knowing so?

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment