Wednesday, February 1, 2017


Today’s Thought “Don’t Entertain Defense” G. Ward

“Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.” 2 Corinthians 11:15

Yes, sticks and stones will break my bones and words do hurt! In the earth my flesh accompanies my soul and my juxtaposing this conjoined state is in itself a great war. Therefore, I train my faith to know that Christ endured slander, physical assault, opposing factions (that included His own family) and murderous plots so that life given His followers wouldn’t succumb to perceived euphoria as Truth tellers, but that all (even me) would stay the course.

It’s horrific to think that the cost of discipleship may/will include the level of persecution shown Christ, until I contemplate the “Balm of Gilead” (The Bible uses this term metaphorically to delineate an ointment used for healing with soothing powers for soul matters. *cf. Jas.5:13-15) that HE sought (Mk.1:35) in soul reprieve. HIS grace remains SUFFICIENT!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment