Friday, October 7, 2016


Today’s Thought “Hurricane 2016” G. Ward

“And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.” Acts 2:44-45

Like many of you the inundation of news concerning Hurricane Matthew is consuming. My many ventures to Haiti compel me towards great prayer for all my friends there; understanding recovery from the mighty earthquakes of 2010 seems like yesterday. Sadly, the political-ness and greed have that country disenfranchised in the area of humanitarian relief. Moreover, if 300 are reported to have been killed thus far, you’ll need to know that vital statistics for the poorest (import and export) country in the Western Hemisphere remain inconclusive. My concern on today has me writing from the comfort of my home; whereby awakening to a brisk 62 degrees allows a perfect temperature in my room.

Recommended evacuation is the insistence from government officials in the coastal regions of Florida, South Carolina and Georgia. Many throughout those regions echo sentiments of depletion (monetarily so) saying, “Where can I go?” Again, I rest amidst the cool breeze flowing through my window, in my easy chair watching telecast after telecast share the misery. What shall I render?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment