Monday, April 28, 2014


Today’s Thought “To Thine Own Self…” G. Ward

 

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23-24

 

From a monologue delivered by the character Polonius in Act I Scene III of Hamlet by William Shakespeare appeared these words, “to thine own self be true.” This expression is most certainly transcendent to greater philosophy; but more demands applied introspection from all.


On today, I’m contemplating my eternality. All men are eternal beings and whether we desire addressing it or not, we make the choice (i.e.whether heaven or hell, man is immortal and lives forever). My question for everyone on today is, what qualifies you for heaven? Sure, HIS mercy is great and His grace is entirely sufficient; but is trusting that HE is greatly to be praised good enough to enter? I would imagine that if we were to take a poll (scientifically or otherwise), most would admit to this (His greatness, that is). Throughout the New Testament and leading to it, no mere human qualified (or was good enough, cf. Eph.2:8-9). Implicit trust in the Savior unlocks the door to heaven (Ro.10:9, Rev.3:20). Yes, He’ll receive you just as you are, but making Him Owner of your new life demands CHANGE (2 Cor.5:17)! Whatever is, or has become preeminent to pursuing the love relationship intended with Christ is your god (Mt.6:21, 24)! It’s not too late to say yes…


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment