Tuesday, April 8, 2014


Today’s Thought “Small Church” G. Ward

“Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” Acts 2:37

 

In accordance to those identifying as belonging to Holy God, the local assemblies should all be without space for another. Although manuscripts have benefitted (seemingly so) many concerning identifying their purpose (particularly as it concerns their faith walk); it more reveals how absorbed they are with their selfish plight (cf. Ro. 10:8). Inasmuch as Holy God demands denial (Mt. 16:24), sacrifice (Ro.12:1-2), availability (Isa.6:8-13) and re-productivity (Mt. 28:18-20), we insist HE become our servant. In His presence we say no. Yet, if it’s not raining outside, or I awaken to ache, I very well may allow my countrymen opportunity to see my magnificence on Sunday morning, whereby I’ll praise Him as if I’d never consider missing services.

As you ascribe to everyone’s blog, listen to gospel melodies and view religious programming a great preponderance of your day, I’ll need you to contemplate His demand found in Hebrews 10:25. Through my paraphrase, it demands, “NEVER MISS A WORSHIP TIME WITH THE BRETHREN BECAUSE IT’S THE VERY PREPARATION YOU’LL NEED TO ESTABLISH YOU AND OTHERS IN ACCORDANCE TO MY PURPOSE.”

Until then, I’ll see all your religiosity on Facebook that embraces all your spiritual rhetoric while your local assembly awaits your presence. Can you say hit and miss?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment