Tuesday, April 22, 2014


Today’s Thought “Far Too Costly” G. Ward

 

Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day.” Colossians 2:16

Sadly, Easter is regarded as the “Superbowl” of every holiday in Christendom. I say that because every believer is responsible for promulgating the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, daily. Unfortunately, we’ve viewed a variety of schemes emanating from many local churches. One of my Pastor buddies decided it would be a perfect day to dress down (jeans and tee shirts); to have his many congregants “sow” ( I almost despise misuse of this terminology) what it was they were to spend on Easter garments and accessories, unto the church.

I miss the days of when the people were more proprietary in the local church vs. “Founder-Pastor status. Certainly there’s nothing wrong with this status until these overseers perpetuate compromise by sharing an un-exciting possibility (along with being scripturally erroneous) of one being able to give anything to Holy God (cf. Ps. 24:1) to then receive something back. HE never moved based on man’s presenting HIM with tangibles. You would think by now many would have done away with a “works righteousness” concept (cf. Eph.2:8-9). Congregants are now inviting friends and family to their services, contingent on their receiving a new flat screen television? I thought our inviting them unto salvation was everything (Mt. 28:19)? We’re now having congregants playing a sort of “Price Is Right” game.

“Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech: "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you. But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand, since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you.” Proverbs 1:20-26

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment