Tuesday, April 29, 2014


Today’s Thought “Restraint” G. Ward

“No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.” 1 Corinthians 9:27

 

Yo-yo dieting is more ordinary today than ever before. Now for all my fast metabolizing friends without body pockets, I would imagine this would apply to you also. Dieting can more than encompass seeking reduction by demanding proper eating habits. Unfortunately, I battle with both these efforts. From one gallon of milk weekly (many years ago), I’ve now come to a point of being lactose intolerant. Moreover, most foods now lends itself to great investigation in that, my probing seeks to know how acidious every item ingested might be (can you say reflux?).  Many that accompany me in dining out are quick to congratulate my choices, when in actuality it’s forced cognizance. I really want the cake Annie Mae!

My Saturdays are quite indifferent from most, particularly regarding how some may splurge on high fat (caloric) foods. Sunday is a work day for me. I have to stand and share a discourse of perhaps 40 minutes or so each Sunday. My ambassadorship demands absolute surrender unto HIS message. If gastric impropriety invades my discourse, its effectiveness could be marginalized.

Many years ago I learned this the hard way and at the very beginning of my sermon I called for intense prayer as I sprinted towards the lavatory. Perhaps many didn’t notice for that 5 minute break, but my wife and sons knew and wouldn’t let it go; so I killed them. My second wife got wind of my indiscretion so all she does is sit and smile…

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment