Thursday, June 13, 2013


Today’s Thought “Never Would Have Made It…” G. Ward

 

“Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.” Romans 7:4

 

Gospel recording artist Marvin Sapp recorded what is a great reminder for Believers everywhere. It substantiates what the entire gospel is about; how Holy God prompted His love towards us, while we were still sinners (Ro. 5:8). In 2008 when my Dad died, we were privileged to have Marvin Sapp sing this to preface my preaching his funeral. My siblings and me were extremely close to our father and were absolutely grief stricken without restraint. Prior to that song, I rehearsed over and over again my inability to facilitate such a cause, in that my tears were profuse. What I anticipated as rightful became the most difficult thing in my life. Brother Marvin took the pulpit by storm. He prefaced the song with a testimonial concerning having lost his dad a year prior. His condolences were heartfelt and ordered by our Sufficient Lord.

Many times the opportunity in service unto Holy God may seem next to impossible, there is however a tremendous comfort in knowing, What A Friend We Have In Jesus (Jn.15:14-15) and He’ll Never Leave Us, Nor Forsake Us (Heb. 13:5b)!”

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment