Thursday, June 20, 2013


Today’s Thought “An Endless Pursuit” G. Ward

 

“Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

 

We have a store/gas station here in Georgia called Quick Trip. I have to admit to you that it’s become the most difficult thing for me to pass one of these stores without getting a cup of java (coffee). I frequent these stores so often that I always have the correct change necessary. I’m bothered however with their operation’s diverse selling. Someone is always holding up the line purchasing astronomical amounts of lottery tickets. Other addicts like me need our quick fix right away, lacking compassion for other addictions.

The words from Holy God promote peace through great reliance on His presence. Perhaps we’re not chasing the dollar as some do, but we’re plagued categorically with a form of pursuing unrighteousness (cf. Ro.3:10). Our resolve has to establish a better practice (2 Ti. 2:15) of implicit trust. Our incessant purporting of Jesus as Lord should be evidenced by many (Mt. 5:16). It’s said, “We may be the only Bible they’ll ever read…”

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment