Wednesday, June 12, 2013


Today’s Thought “An Indictment” G. Ward

 

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being My priest.
Since you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.”
Hosea 4:6

 

As believers, we should know our purpose without question. We’ve received the most excellent gift of salvation. We sing “Go Tell it On the Mountain” and have more internalized that notion than ensure others are gifted.

Early in my salvation experience I read a small manuscript written by author DawsonTrotman entitled “Born to Reproduce.” It was cataclysmic in my salvation experience. The entire transcript is now available online (in PDF) if you’re interested in revival.

Mr. Trotman was founder to the Navigators ministry. In evangelical circles, they’re renowned as superior soul winners (cf. Pr.11:30). Their founder shared a more excellent avenue of praise (cf. Hos.4:6). It was effective and productive. It began with submission by prayer, then proactivity. This prefacing in prayer sometimes lasted for weeks before setting forth in presumed confidence in what Holy God desired (cf. Isa.55:8-9). We’ve now arrived at a time whereby a terrible misnomer is perpetuated. More ecstatic praise concerning what HE’s done for me than what he can do for others. Mis-appropriated scriptures about “I was glad when they said unto me,”joy cometh in the morning” and “all these things shall be added to you,” keep us from going and making disciples of every people group (Mt.28:19). Shamefully, most of our very own are being condemned to hell because we’re on every social network with spiritual sayings vs. sharing and living out the creed of Truth (Jn.14:6). *Amazingly, the shouting never begins until the music starts…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment