Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Struggle Within


Today’s Thought A Struggle Within G. Ward

“If I should say, “My foot has slipped,” Your lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.” Psalm 94:18-19

How many vehicles are you seeing each day in your birth year? Not many, I suppose? Perhaps that opportunity is only found at a car show featuring classics, or a museum at best.

Today I want to draw a dichotomy of man vs. car. Both are machines of sorts. The internal components wear and either have to be replaced or repaired and the exterior must be revitalized often. Once created, degeneration and un-appreciation becomes the experience of both. Moreover, a driver is needed for both.

There is however, ability in man not found in car; his driving capability is self-contained and naturally won’t need an additional occupant in his viability. His Creator endowed him with self-will. His manual (Holy God’s word) however desires that his Master (Creator) always maintains full control (Pr.3:5-6). Instead, he’ll just keep on driving his way, considering only the road in his purview to never consider what truly lies ahead (cf. Mt.7:13-14). Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment