Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Today’s Thought “No Friction, No Traction” G. Ward Nehemiah 2 2 So the king said to me, “Why is your face sad, though you are not ill? This is nothing but sadness of heart.” Then I was very much afraid. 3 And I said to the king, “May the king live forever. Why should my face not be sad when the city, the site of my fathers’ tombs, is desolate and its gates have been consumed by fire?” For Nehemiah, going before the King in sadness was the capitol offense that could have ended his life, but prayer answered more sought to make the Name of the Lord, Great (1:11). May our prayers subtract from the vain exercise of self-gratification, knowing how the Savior Himself taught each of us through greatest synopsis that mandated from self, “Not my will be done, but THINE…”

No comments:

Post a Comment