Thursday, November 11, 2021

Today’s Thought “Celebrating Duty” G. Ward Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil. Eulogizing another member of our congregation on today is not easy, particularly when/if my persuasions become something to be grasped. Knowing my powerlessness apart from Holy God, it’s therefore incumbent on my greater consideration of Who’s best at comforting encouragement. That same consideration also witnesses potential sin found in me. How dare my preparation be so involved because many will hear, whereas the few given my encounters each day violates a similar preparation (cf. Gal.5:16-22)? Even so, we’re admonished “Whoever speaks is to do so as one who is speaking actual words of God…” Duty calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment