Tuesday, April 21, 2020


Today’s Thought “Original Intent” G. Ward

 

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

 

When I’m troubled about the way of mankind, including his impractical independence that keeps him striving against the wind, I’m compelled to observe faith’s calling to fulfill found in God’s word. Thereafter, my encounter with the Almighty reveals that an uncooperative spirit first resides in me and insists I gather unto the mercy Heaven dispenses, awaiting another’s change.

A refusal to accept flaws in others, blemishes the image to which I’ve been created to uphold, rendering me ineffectual; to which warrants my return onto the Rock of my salvation (cf. Joel 2:12-13).

No comments:

Post a Comment