Thursday, March 19, 2020


Today’s Thought “Gluttony On the Horizon” G. Ward

 

1 Timothy 4:8  For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.”

Walks back and forth to the refrigerator won’t count as exercise, particularly when each time extracts items entirely unhealthy. Homebound doesn’t translate carelessness and especially when late springtime will soon empty onto tremendous weight gain.

There’s great transcendence in this theorizing calling for discipline in every life endeavor. The regimen to more embrace denies an insatiable drive never to be met by food and self-pleasing tactics. It involves a measurement most reasonable pursuits will contemplate, demanding an answer for my earthly purpose (1 Pe.2:9). That interrogation won’t involve an assessment of what I’m good at, nor my prowess educationally. It’s found upon investigation of my beginning and end, having nothing to do with hereditary existentialism, but more importantly, my spiritual duty in being owned by the Only Creator of heaven and earth. May the rest granted in these days of isolation be even more blessed as I’m discovering my rich lineage including how much I’m loved by our Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment