Wednesday, January 30, 2019


Today’s Thought “The Struggle Persists” G. Ward

Philippians 4:11-13 “Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Every American believer upon their confession of Jesus as Lord should be mandated to journey to a minimal of three foreign lands where resources are minimal. The essence of substantive faith that can’t be seen (Heb.11:1) understands that intangible reliance that anticipates Holy God’s work prevails vs. awaiting perceived blessings of abundance (cf. Mt.16:24). While many countries merely desire clean drinking water and numerous Eastern Europeans reside in sewers so as to remain warm, our collective worship is mostly selective, insisting on palatial surroundings in climatic excellence. Moreover, our contrast in selection links with what is perceivably the most vibrant fellowships, compromising one’s own worship to the Almighty vs. intense music on our terms.

It’s no wonder that the divorce rate is the same in Christendom as the world. Furthermore, inconsistency in regular attendance from many suffers because the whole of society pervades on everyone, “if it doesn’t make me happy, don’t do it!” All that Christ endured, granting redemption to knuckleheads like me so I’d experience joy and peace in earth to then be guaranteed eternal rest, should NEVER HINGE ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE…

No comments:

Post a Comment