Thursday, January 24, 2019


Today’s Thought “The Cost of Discipleship” G. Ward

John 19:28-30 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, “I am thirsty.”  A jar full of sour wine was standing there; so they put a sponge full of the sour wine upon a branch of hyssop and brought it up to His mouth.  Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

The vilest of mankind qualifies in the greatest demonstration of love by Christ. Loneliness and despair is no match for any that resolves themselves unto His standard of living and sacrifice. Indecision is without prompting when meditations rest on His mighty power and the joy in knowing that my request of Him to abide with me forever has become the gift that keeps giving. I cannot know, nor fathom in my own intellect how great He truly is until I resolutely unfold the book to where HIS WORDS tell me so, to then hear its demand onto OBEDIENCE therein. I must die (daily) that HE can shine through my once dirty being…

No comments:

Post a Comment