Wednesday, January 11, 2017


Today’s Thought “Standing Amidst Giants” G. Ward

“Now then send and gather to me all Israel at Mount Carmel, together with 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of the Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table.” 1 Kings 18:19

Solace seems so very distant when my garage door closes and my car engages to meet my destination. It’s the period in between that carries great uncertainty; my plan is minisculed by the demand of the Holy One. Rarely will my contemplations reveal potential tragedy on the way, or HIS interruption that advocates on behalf of another.

The Prophet Elijah was commissioned to duty of gargantuan proportion. A ruthless king and his wife were with a demagoguery that sought infamy of their fortitude recognized for generations; deciding their power be considered over Holy God’s (cf. 18:21).

There is great duty owed in view of ONE standing, then crucified on our behalf. Let us not construe places or time that appear more significant in letting this light shine; all are HIS (Ps.24:1)…

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment