Wednesday, August 17, 2016


Today’s Thought “Pursuit In Normalcy” G. Ward

“O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.” Psalm 63:1

Grandmothers of old echoed a common sentiment of “I woke up this morning with my mind stayed on Jesus!” Grandmothers in 2016 may be as young as 36, struggling in confrontation with her eldest daughter’s boyfriend’s wanton eyes. The pace of current societal regard for many forcibly insists on a merging with what’s popular. That can mostly subtract from reliance on the very real Source, Who doesn’t appear fast enough in what perceivably ought to exist. You and I must understand that Grandma sitting in her room very early in the morning with her bible open, singing hymns to the dim light provided, lacks consideration of my late night television programming, along with surfing the web that has me entirely exhausted in the morning. I’d love to awaken to Holy God talking to me, but I’m too groggy to hear (cf. Ro.13:11, Jas 4:14).

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment