Monday, August 15, 2016


Today’s Thought “Cleft for Me” G. Ward

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?” Psalm 139:7

There are not too many “do-over’s” for man. Many struggle with regret of past impropriety that serves as the blockade for future peace. King David at Psalm 51 sought restoration from horrid disconnect by what appears to be utter despair. At verse 3 we hear, “For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.” This wasn’t an approach that promoted incessant misery (due to having a man killed because he impregnated his wife), but it was intensive confession of sin with categorical recall. David didn’t want moments of reprieve affording him momentary bliss; he needed preeminent intimacy with Holy God. The definition of success for every man is observance in deficiency going it alone (e.g. “No man is an island.”). Success desires Greater; not in superficial matter or pursuit, but through dependence of Omniscience.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment