Monday, July 18, 2016


Today’s Thought “Reality Check” G. Ward

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Forgetting about the hyperbole from news networks and politicians, what saith you concerning recent tragedies in our world? Why the shock? Any interrogation of tragic events historically offered far worse (only numerically). I believe surprise found in humanity more reveals underlying fear. Religionist’s jargon is now increasing, promoting prayers of safety, without contemplation of every heinous crime without exemption in attack on the righteous and unrighteous. Millions (i.e. practitioners in faith) historically have perished via crime waves. The same would apply to sickness. Daily, many purveyors in holiness succumb to debilitating disease. While proclamations insist on God as Healer (rightfully so), do they support (equally so) better theology that demands every believer to know earth is NOT their home? Cynically, what will you die from? I know, I’m too negative…

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment