Wednesday, July 13, 2016


Today’s Thought “Esoterically Relevant” G. Ward

“Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.” Proverbs 1:8

My generation and very particularly my ethnicity witnessed an incessant message in constraint from those who had charge over us. I remember thinking often times how unnecessarily redundant these admonitions were; until the many encounters in disproportionate behavior from others prevailed. It was then that my training went exercised in the exactness of the instruction rendered and it saved my life.

I’m so very proud of my two sons and although they weren’t exposed to Jim Crow laws along with governmental imposed legislation granting equality, their innocence comparatively was marred also. Unfortunately there are horror stories of biases, mean-spirited divisiveness and blatant oversight given them and me (their dad) in the confines of the Spirit world (particularly as I endeavored the pastorate). While some desire promoting ratio and percentage regarding the uncooperative that seek to oppress suggesting how few, I say the few are too many. While my tears flow on behalf of my three grandsons who will soon question how unnecessarily redundant their father’s instruction may be, I’m yet grateful to be counted along with my Savior who endured the cross while innocent.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment