Wednesday, December 16, 2015


Today’s Thought “This Is Only a Test…” G. Ward

Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.” Matthew 19:21-22

Television continues as the greatest entertainment device for so many. My generation and beyond yet marvel at not having to move from the comfort of seating with a remote control (or entertainment pistol, shooting down programming that fails to captivate me moment to moment) in hand vs. calling on the next that enters the room to turn the channel (Hey, your kids are not your slaves!). Arriving at the perfect channel, along with the greatest snack, has me paralyzed in euphoria.

 Someone call 911! What is the meaning of "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System? The broadcasters of your area in voluntary cooperation with the FCC and other authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an emergency?" If anyone (including a terrorist of Bin Laden proportion) interrupts my program again, there will be no need to call on the Marines! I’ll get my lazy self out of this chair (along with these potato chips, soft drinks, Hostess Ho-Ho’s) and go outside and confront Bin Laden with all his wicked friends! Oh Lord! I forgot to grab my gun…

Will you be ready on that great day (*Lk.16:19-31)?

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment