Thursday, December 10, 2015


Today’s Thought “Crips vs. Bloods” G. Ward

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.” 1 Corinthians 13:11

I, along with other boys of my generation were guilty in gang warfare. Without video game alternatives, our outside play after visiting a variety of sports and bike-riding produced tremendous isolating of those who may have been unnecessarily competitive, argumentative, or lackadaisical in varied activity. Early (gang) leaders would then seek to alienate those insubordinate ones by instructing the others to ostracize them. Fortunately, these gang symposiums had little to no lasting power. There inevitably was great, forced creativity given by the ostracized; it was called penny candy. The ostracized then became great extortionists; causing them to prey on the weak (i.e. smaller children). The receipts (manipulating friendship with candy) of their extortion allowed immediate re-entry into the club. Unfortunately we had horrible television in that day aiding our delinquency, namely The Little Rascals (a.k.a., Our Gang) that rendered subliminal, reactionary tactics in gang warfare that enabled the perpetuation in evil. We were so bad.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment