Tuesday, December 15, 2015


Today’s Thought “Huge Disconcert” G. Ward

“Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.” Matthew 2:1-2

Ten more days out and the pressure is on. Now how will I pull a rabbit out of the hat? Demands are being made on me and my fiscal soundness lies in question in ordinary monthly obligations. Surely God understands enough to miraculously deliver me via mysterious funds appearing? I know because proclamations of checks miraculously arriving in times of despair that echo throughout the religious community can be my testimony also, right?

Great dinners, homemade delicacies, and welcomed visits by family and friends are soon to obscure the pain of depletion.  I know what I’ll do! Six days after that great day, I’ll make a resolution to save more so as to prevent this from happening again; but you’ll have to excuse me, I must eat another piece of this red velvet cake before my annual diet that I won’t keep begins…

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment